Saturday 21 January 2012

Planning California with a 3-year-old, teen, 70 something and in between... PT. 1

Sorry I haven’t been around for a wee while, so much to do with so little time...


We are now into the plans for our trip to California in May. Mild panic has set in as we haven’t booked any accommodation, hired our car, or planned where we are going when we get there - but we are going - all 7 of us! Ages 3, 18, 22, 40, 46, 62 and 73 J

So I will blog as I did for our New Zealand trip with my findings and resources along the way...

Twitter is great... I follow Matt @Landlopers who has been able to put me in touch with other Tweeters who may be able to help with our plans as they have first-hand experience of California. These are not child-friendly advisors but know the areas! Here are their websites:

Tas, this ones for you! x
Our basic plan is to fly into San Fransico and out from Los Angeles our loves between us are, in no particular order; wine, extreme typography, music, history, sun, beaches, adventure, food, films, water, trains, Disney and Robert Pattinson – the latter meeting is a must for my daughter, I think she may be the only one slightly disappointed! L but she can dream (she is the 22 year old)

So now you know what we are looking for in a holiday, I will let you know how many of the list we get to tick on our family adventure...

Today I am working on a basic itinerary – will post it when done, any help and advice along the way greatly received...

No comments:

Post a Comment