Friday 20 May 2011

Toddler Book Review - Caps For Sale

Title: Caps for Sale
Author: Esphyr Slobodkina

Freddie received this book for his second birthday. This very strange story is simple and a little absurd! First published in 1940 it has sold hundreds of thousands of copies and I am ashamed to say I had never read it before.

The story is of a peddler who walks around selling his caps, which are all balanced on his head. One day, unable to sell a cap he wanders out of town and rests by a tree where he falls asleep only to wake up without his caps on his head! He searches behind, in front and to the side of the tree and then above he sees that the tree is full of cap wearing monkeys!
He then attempts to get the caps back. I won’t spoil it by telling you if he does or not...

A great, if not slightly strange, little book I wish I had read it when I was younger! Buy it!

A snip from Amazon buy it here... Caps for Sale (Reading Rainbow Books)

No comments:

Post a Comment