Friday 10 January 2014

I Spy with my little eye...

We attempt to make our car journeys enjoyable with a mixture of activities. I try to make the most of our surroundings as much as possible although occasionally we do revert to the Ipad!

I Spy is a favourite game that doesn't need any props. It's ideal for all ages as you can change the way you search for things, i.e. I Spy with my little eye something that is green, or I Spy with my little eye something beginning with the sound 'gr' and then the most popular one of all beginning with a letter.

I was trying to think of a variation of the game that might not have to involve everyone in the car. Then I thought 'ahh Freddie loves treasure hunts, what if I could make an I Spy jar'. I looked on the internet and low and behold there were lots of them!

So one rainy day we set off around the house on a treasure hunt, searching for small items to put into our jar


We took a picture of our chosen items and printed it off


Popped them all into a plastic jar with rice and rolled up tin foil (for effect)


And 'voila!' our very own Spy Jar!


Freddie loves his jar especially as he made it himself!


All in all it cost us 40p for the bag of rice, bargain!

For more ideas of I Spy games and jars both home-made and bought visit our family travel blog




1 comment:

  1. My Tummy sell some great maternity clothes made in Europe from high quality comfy fabrics. They have really fun designs and elegant evening clothing too. The best items from in my opinion are the dresses because they can be worn when pregnant and afterwards too as they have clasps, wraps and straps that make easy access for feeding. The maternity dresses are really comfortable for pregnancy too as they aren't tight on the bump. The website is www.mytummy.co.uk if you'd like to take a look!

    ReplyDelete